Start the summer off right with delicious burgers!
Tomato Basil Burgers
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh onions, finely chopped
- Dash ground pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce, warmed
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Additional fresh basil leaves
In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, basil, oregano, marjoram, garlic, onions and pepper. Add the beef, and mix well. Shape into 4 thin patties. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat, until a meat thermometer reads 160° and the juices run clear. Divide the sauce and cheese between the burger tops. Add basil, and serve on buns.
Per Serving: 243 Cal (42% from Fat, 34% from Protein, 24% from Carb); 21 g Protein; 11 g Tot Fat; 5 g Sat Fat; 5 g Mono Fat; 14 g Carb; 2 g Fiber; 6 g Sugar; 85 mg Calcium; 3 mg Iron; 239 mg Sodium; 57 mg Cholesterol.